The suite of Research and Business Communication Skills modules supports learners in building the practical skills necessary to communicate effectively in work integrated learning (WIL) situations. Content and activities help learners to select appropriate research strategies and prepare effective business communications, including writing emails, memos, and presentations.
This module includes content and activities that will support participants in selecting and applying appropriate research skills for a given workplace or WIL task.
- Playable File: www.niagaracollege.ca/modules/WIL2018/6.1/
- Facilitator Guide: drive.google.com/open?id=1y62w5jgtwUa5PytygwI7rlDX-L1eLXm4
- SCORM Package: drive.google.com/open?id=1Kf96Pwy-vt4b513G_z6WD5EVnzeaMrOO
- Storyline Articulate Source File: drive.google.com/open?id=1eQiirL8GHYzuhL56Rc0G5K0jTPYFB7Q3
This module includes content and activities that will support participants in communicating professionally in the workplace. Participants will explore how they can most effectively demonstrate and maintain professionalism in their verbal, non-verbal, and written exchanges.
- Playable File: www.niagaracollege.ca/modules/WIL2018/6.2/
- Facilitator Guide: drive.google.com/open?id=13incVWpB-elpOJzQBaMTsX_IuVlge7C5
- SCORM Package: drive.google.com/open?id=1A_–nYDIB2rGKj4ZoNKJuK6-v1NC-j-u
- Storyline Articulate Source File: drive.google.com/open?id=1sqNzMEAsefpiqfeCvkFSMG3eHIJ1C3Lu
This module includes content and activities that will support participants in differentiating between emails, memos and reports as business communication tools and will supply participants with strategies to produce polished, professional emails and memos.
- Playable File: www.niagaracollege.ca/modules/WIL2018/6.3/
- Facilitator Guide: drive.google.com/open?id=1qrig5zJMa234iRk22KjPPTm-sy-5r277
- SCORM Package: drive.google.com/open?id=1UVNVecN6TUjGGymGyi71rHsxrt-FIU4E
- Storyline Articulate Source File: drive.google.com/open?id=1-YHXW-T6lL5R8DfxC0gM1QlyqVBlw3q2
This module includes content and activities that will support participants in delivering presentations that are engaging, visually appealing, and effectively communicate key data, plans and ideas.
- Playable File: www.niagaracollege.ca/modules/WIL2018/6.4/
- Facilitator Guide: drive.google.com/open?id=1bAoqYYeGKY5uBALCCxgIHpIxTqoa1C1R
- SCORM Package: drive.google.com/open?id=1zZg_pU_fzz_sCMitaupq5UsG1JLFVX1j
- Storyline Articulate Source File: drive.google.com/open?id=10t-LnlYTgXLqzPY6zCKbxszSrD75MnhT
All modules created for the Work Integrated Learning Open Module Initiative by Niagara College, Georgian College, Lambton College and Algonquin College are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial 4.0 International License, except where otherwise noted.
All modules created for the WIL Open Module Initiative include the following accessibility features:
- Audio/video content is delivered via a media player that is compatible with assistive technology
- Full transcripts and synchronized closed captioning of all audio content
- Keyboard navigable multimedia
- Downloadable forms and worksheets
- Web browser and mobile device-friendly functionality
- URLs (e.g. website or email addresses) are rendered as active hyperlinks in a manner that allows them to be detected and activated with assistive technology
- Alternative text for all non-decorative images
- All instructions, prompts, and error messages necessary to complete forms are conveyed as text to assistive technology
The modules created for this project include engaging media (video, audio, graphics and animations) and interactive exercises.
- Module content is authored in Articulate Storyline 360. Source files are editable in Storyline 360 and Storyline 3.
- Modules are published to industry recommendations and optimized for standard delivery – video quality 5, audio bitrate 48kbps, image quality 80%.
- Modules are published as SCORM 1.2 packages for LMS and/or web distribution, with HTML5 output and Flash backup.
- When learners access the modules, content will be delivered based on the device and browser they are using.
- Learner activity/progress is tracked via number of slides viewed.
- Learner status can be configured to report to LMS as “Complete/Incomplete" Completion is based on the user viewing all slides in the presentation.