There’s a new way for the College community to add a breath of fresh air and a boost of physical fitness to cold, dark winter days.
Wellness Walks have started at the Niagara-on-the-Lake Campus. Everyone is welcome to join in and get outside!
A joint initiative with Landscape Operations and the Centre for Student Engagement and Leadership, the Wellness Walks aim to promote physical activity and mental health. The college community is encouraged to explore the natural environment that surrounds the NOTL Campus featuring the Wetland Ridge Trail, the lagoons, birds, and the escarpment.
Led by trained walk leaders, walks begin at the Friendship Bench in the NOTL courtyard. From there, participants set out on a walk along the trails lasting 30-40 minutes.
Participants are reminded to dress according to winter weather conditions and wear proper footwear.
Keep checking Inside NC for new monthly dates and times as well as themed Wellness Walks showcasing the First Nations garden, vineyards, and campus gardens.
February Wellness Walk schedule
- Monday, February 12 at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, February 13 at 1:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 14 at 2:30 p.m.
- Thursday, February 15 at 11:30 a.m.
- Friday, February 16 at 11 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
- Monday, February 19 at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, February 20 at 1 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 21 at 2:30 p.m.
- Thursday, February 22 at 11:30 a.m.
- Monday, February 26 at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, February 27 at 1 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 28 at 2:30 p.m.
- Thursday, March 1 at 11:30 a.m.
-Info submitted by Landscape Operations, and the Centre for Student Engagement and Leadership