I need to file a complaint.

You do not need to file a formal complaint to obtain supports, services and accommodation from the College.

If you have experienced or have been affected by sexual violence and would like to file a complaint

Please contact the Student Rights & Responsibilities Officer:

Name: Hafsah Shaikh
Phone: 905-735-2211 ext. 7370
Email: hshaikh@niagaracollege.ca
Location: Welland Campus – Black Walnut Building, Room B10 / Niagara-on-the-Lake Campus – Room W102

Anyone who has experienced sexual violence has the right to:

  • be treated with dignity and respect;
  • be believed;
  • be informed about on and off-campus services and resources;
  • decide whether or not to access available services and to choose those services they feel will be most beneficial;
  • decide whether to report to campus security and/or local police;
  • have an on-campus investigation with the institution’s full cooperation;
  • have a safety plan, and;
  • have reasonable and necessary actions taken to prevent further unwanted contact with the respondent(s).