About this Program
- Our focused and intensive program includes a 152 hour field placement component.
- Students participate in applied learning projects involving industry clients in term two.
- The program exceeds current provincial public relations program standards and a Program Advisory Committee ensures ongoing industry relevance.
- It has ranked in the top 3 of all College level Public Relations programs in Ontario three times since 2007, and has ranked as the top mid-size Public Relations program in Ontario twice since 2007.
Possible public relations career paths include:
- Community relations
- Corporate social responsibility
- Crisis communication
- Government relations
- Internal communication
- Investor relations
- Marketing communications
- Media relations
- Special event management
- Social media/digital communications
Niagara College’s Public Relations program is an amazing way for students to gain insight on the industry. Each class is crafted in a manner that allows students to learn about the most relevant trends from seasoned PR professionals. The lessons and hands-on experiences provided from this program undoubtedly prepare students to enter the field of public relations.
Admissions and Availability
Future Study Options
Niagara College offers graduate certificate options in several study areas to qualified college and university graduates. These certificates can add to your existing credentials and prepare you for the world of work.
We maintain articulation agreements with other colleges and universities in Canada and around the world.
Some post-secondary credits can be transferred into any Niagara College program.