About this Program
- Focused and intensive program includes a 152 hour field placement component.
- Program exceeds current provincial Public Relations program standards.
- Program advisory committee ensures ongoing industry relevance.
- Students are prepared for employment in a variety of professional sectors including: agency, not-for-profit, corporate and government based companies and organizations.
- Social media is integrated across the program curriculum.
- Program ranked in the top 3 of all College level Public Relations programs in Ontario in 2014.
- Successful track record of high performing graduates securing employment in the PR field.
- Applied learning projects involving industry clients in term two.
- Three-day/week academic schedule both terms.
- Media relations
- Government relations
- Internal communication
- Crisis communication
- Corporate social responsibility
- Community relations
- Investor relations
- Special event management
- Marketing communications
- Social media/digital communications
Niagara College’s Public Relations program is an amazing way for students to gain insight on the industry. Each class is crafted in a manner that allows students to learn about the most relevant trends from seasoned PR professionals. The lessons and hands-on experiences provided from this program undoubtedly prepare students to enter the field of public relations.
Admissions and Availability
Future Study Options
We are proud to provide a range of future study options for NC students. More details on specific opportunities and partnerships can be found at niagaracollege.ca/transfercredit.