About this Program
- Niagara College has offered the Paramedic program for more than 34 years.
- Students receive up to 580 hours of clinical and field experience.
- Faculty members are active paramedics.
- For the past several years, the Ministry of Health’s Provincial examination success rate among program graduates has been 100%.
- Program accredited by the Canadian Medical Association (CMA) and is taught in accordance to the National Occupational Profiles in other provinces and internationally.
- The program offers a unique inter-professional education experience, and graduates have an abundance of employment opportunities.
- Graduates can work as primary care paramedics for Ontario ambulance services and are eligible to write their provincial examinations
- With further training, graduates can become Flight Paramedic or Advanced Care Paramedic.
Extensive theory, lab, clinical, and field experience prepared me to face difficult situations and solve any problems I may encounter. The experienced instructors pushed and motivated me to reach my full potential and obtain a position as a Primary Care Paramedic for Niagara EMS directly out of the program. I look forward to attending the Advanced Care Paramedic program in the near future.
Ontario College Diploma
|January 2016||Not Available|
|May 2016||Not Available|
|January 2017||Not Available|
|May 2017||Not Available|
Future Study Options
Niagara College offers graduate certificate options in several study areas to qualified college and university graduates. These certificates can add to your existing credentials and prepare you for the world of work.
We maintain articulation agreements with other colleges and universities in Canada and around the world.
Some post-secondary credits can be transferred into any Niagara College program.