A message from 2017 United Way Co-Chairs:
As we usher in the final month of the year, we enter the last stretch of our 2017 NC Cares in a United Way Campaign.
The spirit of giving has always been strong at NC and we are proud of our College’s long-time support for the United Way South Niagara, which plays such a vital role in our community. Our donations help fund essential programs and services that help improve the lives of those in need – and the need is great here in our region. One in three residents use a program or service that is funded by the United Way.
Thanks to the generosity of the NC community, our campaign launched with an incredible start on Niagara Day. We would like to thank those of you who have already contributed to the campaign, which has raised more than $28,000 to date.
With less than two weeks to our campaign wrap-up, we are hoping to restore the momentum and ask for your help in reaching our campaign goal of $40,000. Those who donate before December 14, including those who have previously donated, will have a chance to win some fabulous Grand Prizes, including:
- A Niagara Helicopter Ride for two (Helicopter Prize – United Way);
- A six-month parking pass starting Sept. 1, 2018 (non-transferrable);
- Dinner for two at our award-winning Benchmark restaurant;
- Hornblower’s Falls Fireworks Cruise in Niagara Falls for four guests.
Grand Prize winners will be announced following our campaign wrap-up on December 14 at the President’s Holiday Reception. We also have some great prizes for our remaining weekly draws until our campaign concludes.
You can also support the campaign through these upcoming initiatives:
- A Bench-to-Go Coffee Drive will be held from December 4 to 8 (NOTL Campus);
- A Pancake Breakfast will be held on December 6 from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Cost $5 (Welland Campus);
- The NC Greenhouse Poinsettia Sale which will donate $1.00 from each sale this month to the United Way (NOTL Campus).
Last year, our Niagara College community showed record-breaking support for the United Way campaign, raising $43,763. In 2015, our College was honoured with a Workplace Campaign of the Year Award for leadership and dedication to the community.
We hope to continue the College’s strong tradition of support for our community. Please take a moment to consider a contribution to our 2017 campaign.
Donations may be made through payroll deductions online here or by contacting Jennifer Murphy for a paper form (firstname.lastname@example.org). Your donation can be directed to any Niagara United Way office or a registered charity of your choice.
Thank you for your support!
Greg Medulun and Gary Torraville
Co-Chairs, NC Cares United Way Campaign