About this Program
- Students learn to provide support for databases and websites as well as a variety of computer hardware, operating systems, application software and network architectures
- The CST lab has dedicated high speed Internet access and provides student access to wired, wireless and fiber optic media for lab work
- Industry advisors from small to large employers assist in determining industry trends and enhancements to program content such as Cloud computing, mobile device management and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Niagara College is located in the heart of the Niagara Region providing clean and safe communities, affordable housing, and easy access to major centres such as Hamilton, Toronto, and the U.S. border
Note: The official title for this program is Computer Systems Technician, which will appear on your diploma.
- Cloud/network administration
- I.T. security administration
- Communication systems administration and support
- PC technician - hardware/software
- Help desk support
- I.T. consulting
You are well-suited to this program if you:
- Are interested in implementing and troubleshooting computer and network technologies.
- Have a desire to help people with their computer related problems.
- Have a passion for continuous learning about computer and network technologies.
- Can read and retain copious amounts of technical material.
- Understand the importance of details and can rigorously follow step by step instructions.
- Have strong communication skills.
- Are an analytical thinker and have good problem solving skills.
- Are able to work well both independently and as part of a team.
Ontario College Diploma
|January 2018||Not Available|
|May 2018||Not Available|
|January 2019||Not Available|
|May 2019||Not Available|
Future Study Options
We are proud to provide a range of future study options for NC students. More details on specific opportunities and partnerships can be found at niagaracollege.ca/transfercredit.