I am pleased to announce that Niagara College’s Board of Governors has recently approved the College’s new 2013-16 Strategic Plan.
The new Strategic Plan provides the roadmap for our future growth and success as one of Canada’s most innovative and successful colleges. Focused on student success and set against a challenging provincial fiscal climate and the changing economic landscape of Niagara, the Strategic Plan positions Niagara College to play a key role in the region’s economic renaissance and solidifies our position as an innovative leader in applied education.
Like any effective strategic planning process, ours was collaborative and incorporated ideas and feedback from all corners of our organization. My thanks to all who contributed – your input and feedback was critical in the plan’s development.
The 2013-16 Strategic Plan builds from Niagara College’s vision of “Enriching Lives and Fulfilling Dreams” and our mission of “Providing Outstanding Applied Learning for a Changing World.”
Of critical importance to our continued success are the values that define the special culture here at Niagara College. During the development of the new Strategic Plan, we dedicated a significant amount of time in reviewing and discussing the values that represent who we are, and how we work together. Input and feedback on our values was gathered from all areas of NC.
Following those discussions, we feel the following values truly reflect our unique culture: At Niagara College, we are Student-focused; Locally and Globally Connected; Innovative; Committed to Excellence; and Respectful and Inclusive.
Built from our Vision, Mission, and Values, the 2013-16 Plan focuses on three “strategic priorities”: Unparalleled Student Experience and Satisfaction; Leading in Innovation and Applied Research; and Operational Excellence. In focusing on these strategic priorities, the next three years will be a very exciting time for all of us here at Niagara College. Our plans include:
- growing enrolment to more than 10,000 full-time students;
- enhancing services and academic pathways for students;
- the construction of new facilities, including a Centre for Industry Innovation at the Welland campus and an expanded Niagara College Teaching Brewery at NOTL, along with new teaching and student life spaces;
- establishing Niagara College and the Canadian Food and Wine Institute as the centre of national excellence for food, wine and beer education;
- growth in international student enrolment and the creation of new international learning opportunities for students and staff;
- leading the transition of Niagara’s economy by supporting key industries with increased levels of applied research and innovation;
- launching new, responsive academic programs that address skilled workforce needs and growth opportunities in Niagara and Ontario;
- continued fiscal and environmental responsibility and sustainability.
You can view or download our 2013-16 Strategic Plan online.
Over the coming months there will be divisional and departmental discussions to review the Strategic Plan and implement action plans moving forward. If you have any questions about the 2013-16 Strategic Plan, please contact your respective vice-president. As always, you can also feel free to contact me directly with your feedback at email@example.com.