CEPD Office would like to let everyone know about the great PD opportunities and online publications that are available to all full- and part-time employees. Please note that all of this information can be found on the CEPD website.
We would like to introduce you to Faculty Focus. Faculty Focus publishes articles on effective teaching strategies for the college classroom, both face-to-face and online. We have linked it to the CEPD website under Academic Support. It is easy to register for online updates through this site.There are a number of great workshops and webinars being offered during the months of August and September, which include:
* Blackboard: New Users – with Erik Pilatzke, e-Learning Technologist
* An Introduction to Project Management – With John Levay, Director, ITS
* Peoplesoft – With Tracy Booth – SIS (Peoplesoft) User Support
* Blackboard: Grade Centre – With Erik Pilatzke, e- Learning Technologist
* Health & Safety Training for New Employees – with Graham Shanks, Manager, Health & Safety
* Domestic Violence in the Workplace – With Graham Shanks, Manager, Health & Safety
* Getting Started With Microsoft Project
* Dealing With Shift
* How To Handle Emotions Under Pressure
* How To Go From Drained To Energized
* Combatting Apathy In the Workplace
* The Business Grammar ” Crash Course”
* Telephone Skills for Administrative and Front-Desk Professionals
* Proactive Career Management
* Self-Improvement 101
* Working Successfully With High-Maintenance People
* Writing With Diplomacy, Tact & Finesse
* Managing Chaos & Pressure At Work
Please note that the CEPD Calendar, with all the sessions’ date and room location details as well as registration instructions, can be found on the CEPD website.
Be sure to visit the CEPD website regularly as new sessions and resources are continually being added.