Each student is issued one free student ID card at the beginning of their time at Niagara College. Your card grants you:
- Access to printing and photocopying
- Gym pass for both the Welland and Niagara-on-the-Lake campus athletic facilities
- The regional transit bus systems (with a valid U-Pass sticker – students only)
- As a required form of ID for writing course tests and exams
New Student ID Cards:
- To create your new ID card you are required to submit your photo online. To submit your photo online you simply need to use our online photo submission form.
- Sign in using your Blackboard username and password and follow the instructions provided. Be sure to select your home campus (the main campus for your program) when asked for the pickup location.
Where to Pick Up Your ID Card:
For students starting Spring 2018 ID cards will not be available for pick up until after time table selection in April 2018. For time table selection dates for your program, visit MyNC.
Niagara-on-the-Lake Campus Pickup Schedule:
|May 4 (Orientation Day)||11:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.||SAC Boardroom N002a|
|May 7 – 11||8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.||SAC Boardroom N002a|
|After May 11||8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.||Enrolment Services W107|
Welland Campus Pickup Schedule:
|May 4 (Orientation Day)||11:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.||Library Commons|
|May 7 – 11||8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.||Library Commons|
|After May 11||8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.||Enrolment Services SE106|
Please note 2 business days processing time is required for ALL ID Card submissions.
Can’t use the online submission form?
Please stop by your campus’ Enrolment Services Office to make alternative arrangements.
Staff ID Cards
Staff should follow the above student instructions to order a staff ID card. Staff cards will be ready for pickup after 2 business days at your campus’ Enrolment Services office. Staff members should be prepared to provide their staff number at the time of pickup. A staff card is required to use printing/copying/scanning services through PaperCut.
Lost, Stolen and Damaged Cards
- If your student card is lost, stolen, damaged (or you request a new picture) you must pay a $20 replacement fee at the Enrolment Services Office before a new card can be printed.
- You will also have to pay a replacement fee for your U-Pass sticker (if required). Please contact the Student Administrative Council office for more information at 905-735-2211 extension 7659.
Student Identification Card Disclaimer
The issuing of a student ID card occurs once as there is no expiration date and an ID number is permanently assigned to each student. In the event that a student begins a new program as a Level 1, Term 1 student after previously taking another program, the student ID card initially issued is to be used.
In the event there is a period of a semester gap or greater between the student’s full time or part time studies at Niagara College, a student may be issued a new card at no charge if they are no longer in possession of their previous card. Confirmation of enrollment in a new program may be requested by Enrolment Services staff and will be done at their discretion.
It is the responsibility of the student to protect their ID (ie. carry it in a wallet or something similar). Cards can bend, chip, or snap if handled inappropriately. A student will be required to pay the replacement fee for a card that is damaged as a result of personal wear and tear. If the card does not function due to a defect, Enrolment Services will coordinate with Information Technology Services (ITS) and replace the card in question at no charge.
Student ID cards will not be punched for any students or staff (no exceptions). Students enrolled in health related programs will have access to protective sleeves or pressure clips for their personal use. Students in all other programs who wish to wear their student card for identification purposes are encouraged to purchase a plastic case with clip or lanyard from the NC Bookstore.