Requesting a change to your OSAP funding is called an OSAP Appeal.
Below, you’ll find some common appeal forms for students who are in need of additional funding through OSAP. This is not a comprehensive list of appeal options. More appeal choices are available.
If you feel you have unusual circumstances not mentioned below that may not have been taken into consideration in your initial OSAP assessment and this is causing financial hardship, please make an appointment with the Financial Aid Advisor at the campus you attend by telephone at 905-735-2211 x 7618, or by email at email@example.com.
Before submitting a request for appeal, please ensure that you meet the specific conditions outlined on the forms below and include all required documentation.
- Request for reassessment based on parent’s current year’s income ( Download)
If one or both of your parents’ income will be significantly lower in the current year because of a non-recurring situation, you may request that your funding be reassessed using the current year’s income.
- Request reassessment based on spouse’s current year’s income ( Download)
If a married student’s spouse’s income will be significantly lower in the current year because of a non-recurring situation, you may request that your funding be reassessed using the current year’s income.
- Family Breakdown Review ( Download)
In certain circumstances (resulting in a serious and permanent break in the relationship between a student and parent(s)), parental information may not be required.
- Family Breakdown – Step-parent Review ( Download)
When a “custodial” parent remarries, in some circumstances the step-parent’s information may not be required.
- Request for Additional Local Travel Expenses ( Download)
If you are commuting regularly to/from campus and your residence is more than 40km from campus (or there is no public transit), you may request assistance for additional travel costs.
- Request for Review: Adjust Living Allowance ( Download)
This review will consider adjustments to the pre-study and/or study period living allowance costs.
Submit your forms
- Log in to the OSAP website using your OAN & password.
- Click on “Print/Upload”.
- Scroll down the page to “Additional Uploads”.
- Scan and upload the completed form file to “Review Documents”.
Drop off your form(s) at the Financial Aid and Awards Office at the campus you attend:
- Welland Campus – Enrolment Services, Room SE105
- Niagara on the Lake Campus – Enrolment Services, Room W107
Attn: Financial Aid and Awards
100 Niagara College Blvd.
Welland, Ontario L3C 7L3