Our Employment Consultants are here to help you.
Depending on your particular employment needs and career goals, an employment consultant will assist you and provide you with support in determining your career goals, assessing your skills and interests and preparing you for interviews and employment. You may be eligible for on-the-job training and/or work experience support, and in some cases, additional support to help keep you at work.
We can provide:
- One-on-one employment assistance and guidance
- Information about different careers and occupations;
- Discuss job opportunities and/or develop a return-to-work plan;
- Identify your interests, aptitudes, values and personality type and discover what job or career best fits you;
- Local labour market, employment and training opportunities;
- Information about all Employment Ontario programs and services, as well as;
- Advice about and referral information to other community services and support
With help from Employment and Training Solutions, Preston Puhakka is finally doing what he loves most: working in Human Resources at a great local company.
After graduation, Preston’s lack of experience in the Human Resources field was a challenge. After applying for dozens of positions, he signed up for the Youth Job Connection program. “This program was so much more than an employment incentive, “he explains. “I felt that the pre-employment training taught many practical skills that should have been taught in high school.”
As the new Human Resources Generalist at Decora Powder Coatings Ltd., he is now utilizing the knowledge and skills he developed in the Human Resources Management Post Graduate program at Niagara College.
Preston couldn’t be happier in his position. He says, “Decora is a family business that has been around for more than 30 years. They didn’t have an HR rep trained in HR until myself. It was a perfect arrangement.”