All Bill 148 – Statutory Leave information is available below.
Posted: January 29, 2018
Category: Statutory Leaves
The Employment Standards Act provides job protected unpaid leaves (unless otherwise specified) for the following once the applicable criteria is met:
- Family medical leave is up to 28 weeks in a 52-week period
- Family Caregiver Leave – up to 8 weeks in a calendar year
- Critical Illness Leave – up to 17 weeks within a 52-week period to care for a critically ill adult and up to 37 weeks within a 52-week period to care for a critically ill child
- Organ Donor Leave – up to 13 weeks (In some cases, organ donor leave can be extended for up to an additional 13 weeks)
- Reservist Leave –time necessary to engage in specific military/rescue operations
- Child Death Leave – up to 104 weeks
- Crime related child disappearance leave – up to 104 weeks
- Domestic or Sexual Violence leave – provides up to 10 days and 15 weeks in a calendar year (5 days are paid)
For information on how to qualify for each of the leaves above, please refer to ESA Guide at https://www.ontario.ca/document/your-guide-employment-standards-act-0.
It is important that you contact Human Resources directly to assist you in processing this leave accordingly.