Sun Life Financial is the insurance company that underwrites benefits for Niagara College employees.
The College Employer Council is the policy holder for all group insurance benefits provided to college employees and retirees.
Here are some helpful links about the CAAT pension plan:
Service Purchase Buy Back/Transferring Past Service Timelines:
- Transfer from a former employer’s pension plan – non-CAAT Service (benefit transferred out of former plan)
- Transfer from a former employer’s pension plan – non-CAAT Service (benefit currently with former plan)
- Service Purchase – Prior Service with CAAT Plan
- Service Purchase – Pre-enrolment Purchase before January 1, 2014
- Service Purchase – Other than Regular Full time prior to Enrolment
About Your Benefits
Benefits booklets and information can be found on the College Employer Council website, and have been linked below for your convenience.
Tuition Subsidy for Dependent Children
To access the Tuition Subsidy for Dependent Children, please follow these steps:
- Log in to Blackboard
- Navigate to My Apps
- Choose Tuition Subsidy for Dependent Children
- Changes to Osteopathic Eligibility 2017
- Delisting Health Care Service Providers
- Post Secondary School Needs Proof of Coverage and Coverage for Overage Students
- Group Insurance Fraud
- Out of Country Travel Benefit and Medi-Passport (Academic Staff)
- Out of Country Travel Benefit and Medi-Passport (Administrative Staff)
- Out of Country Travel Benefit and Medi-Passport (Support Staff)
- New Provider for Travel Assistance Services
- Students Studying/Work Term Abroad – Insurance Extension Request Form
- Students Studying/Work Term Abroad – Insurance Extension Request Instructions
- Coordination of Benefits Claims
- Medical Equipment/Devices Benefit Fraud
- SunLife Website Updates 2015
- Physiotherapy Benefit Fraud
- Prescription Drug Benefits Fraud
Make a claim
You may sign in to my SunLife to make an online claim, to check your benefits, or to check your prescription eyeglass balance. If you have not signed in before you will need to provide the Group Policy number and member ID which is located on your Benefit Enrolment Form.
Online claims are quick and easy, and you may receive a response to your claim within as little as 24 hours.
Once you set up your account, be sure to write down and keep your username and password for future use.