Course Title: Introduction to Writing and Communicating in the WorkplaceView Course Outline
Admit Term: 2018 Winter 1181
In this course you will develop and hone your problem solving and writing skills in preparation for the rigours of advanced technical, business, and oral communication courses. Two central themes in the course are bridging to meet the requirements of writing at the post-secondary level and preparing to write for the workplace. Upon completion of this course, you will be more adept at analyzing practical, real-world writing scenarios; writing concise prose using rhetorical methods common to technical fields; developing arguments backed by current research from quality sources; and writing effective sentences.
Equivalencies for this course
- COMM1133 - Writing Strategies
- COMM1140 - Essential Communication Skills for Community Services
- COMM1150 - Communications for Media Studies
- COMM1160 - Communication in Healthcare I
- COMM1180 - Essentials of Writing to be Understood
- COMM1016 - Professional Communications for Emergency Services
- COMM1101 - Language and Communications
- COMM1104 - Communications I
- COMM1125 - Essentials of Workplace Communication
- COMM1110 - Business Writing Fundamentals
- COMM1510 - Communication Foundations
The information on this page reflects course details for course COMM1120P in the 2018 Winter term. Find details for another term.