Course Title: Language and CommunicationsView Course Outline
Admit Term: 2018 Winter 1181
This course will improve your communication skills in writing, speaking, listening, and reading. It will stress the importance of adapting communication to the needs of the intended audience, selecting the appropriate strategy, and using language and style appropriate to your audience and your workplace. You will learn and practice these skills through written communication tools used on the job like e-mail, letters and short reports, oral communication situations like team meetings or presentations, and a variety of field-specific documents.
Equivalencies for this course
- COMM1104 - Communications I
- COMM1133 - Writing Strategies
- COMM1016 - Professional Communications for Emergency Services
- COMM1140 - Essential Communication Skills for Community Services
- COMM1110 - Business Writing Fundamentals
- COMM1120 - Introduction to Writing and Communicating in the Workplace
- COMM1125 - Essentials of Workplace Communication
- COMM1150 - Communications for Media Studies
- COMM1160 - Communication in Healthcare I
- COMM1180 - Essentials of Writing to be Understood
- COMM1510 - Communication Foundations
The information on this page reflects course details for course COMM1101P in the 2018 Winter term. Find details for another term.