Course Title: QualityView Course Outline
Admit Term: 2019 Year 1195
Apprentices will be following the Ontario College of Trades curriculum for the trade of Welder. This course will give the apprentice the working knowledge of the principles of weldability and microstructures of metals. The apprentice will also learn the fundamentals and correction of weld distortion, destructive inspection and testing methods, welding performance and welding procedure qualification testing methods and common welding codes and standards. Lessons will progress through a combination of classroom and practical instruction, demonstration and participation. This course will provide the apprentice with the building blocks required to advance their knowledge and understanding through on-the-job training.
Prerequisite(s) for this course
- APPR1851 - Blueprint Reading, Fitting AND
- APPR1852 - Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW) Practical I AND
- APPR1853 - Semi-Automatic Welding Practical II AND
- APPR1854 - Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) Practical II AND
- APPR1855 - Welding Theory II
The information on this page reflects course details for course APPR1865C in the 2019 Year term. Find details for another term.