Course Title: Semi-Automatic Welding Practical IIView Course Outline
Admit Term: 2018 Year 1185
Apprentices will be following the Ontario College of Trades curriculum for the trade of Welder. This course will explain the process of fillet welding and groove welding in all positions with Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW). The apprentice will also learn the process of Flux Cored Arc Welding (FCAW), in accordance with government safety regulations, manufacturer's recommendations and approved industry standards. Lessons will progress through a combination of classroom and practical instruction, demonstration and participation. This course will provide the apprentice with the building blocks required to advance their knowledge and understanding through on-the-job training.
Prerequisite(s) for this course
- APPR1823 - Trade Practices AND
- APPR1824 - Applied Blueprint Reading AND
- APPR1825 - Welding Theory AND
- APPR1826 - Materials and Process Quality I AND
- APPR1827 - Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) AND
- APPR1828 - Gas Shielded Semi-Automatic Welding Practical I AND
- APPR1829 - Thermal Cutting
The information on this page reflects course details for course APPR1853C in the 2018 Year term. Find details for another term.