Course Title: Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW) PracticalView Course Outline
Admit Term: 2018 Year 1185
Apprentices will be following the Ontario College of Trades curriculum for the trade of Metal Fabricator (Fitter). This course will outline a basis of understanding of welding using Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW) processes in accordance with government safety regulations, manufacturer's recommendations and approved industry standards. Lessons will progress through a combination of classroom and practical instruction, demonstration and participation. This course will provide the apprentice with the building blocks required to advance their knowledge and understanding through on-the-job training.
Prerequisite(s) for this course
- APPR1823 - Trade Practices AND
- APPR1824 - Applied Blueprint Reading AND
- APPR1825 - Welding Theory AND
- APPR1826 - Materials and Process Quality I AND
- APPR1827 - Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) AND
- APPR1828 - Gas Shielded Semi-Automatic Welding Practical I AND
- APPR1829 - Thermal Cutting
The information on this page reflects course details for course APPR1835C in the 2018 Year term. Find details for another term.