About this Program
- Courses emphasize the acquisition of evidence-based theories and interventions, ensuring you can effectively facilitate positive change for children, youth, and their families.
- Students receive more than 800 hours of practical field experiences supported by a full time field placement office.
- Certification in non-violent crisis intervention
- Graduates may be employed in schools, community agencies, youth detention facilities, residential care and treatment and mental health agencies.
- Opportunities to attend professional conferences and network with faculty
- Boards of education
- Residential facilities
- Social service agencies
- Specialized day and residential camps
- Youth justice facilities and agencies
Excited about getting your career started?
Our new program format enables students to complete the Child and Youth Care program in six consecutive terms. Students complete terms 1 through 6 as a continual program and graduate in 24 months.
Benefits include financial savings and career acceleration.
- Become job ready in a shorter period of time, benefiting long-term earning capacity
- Terms 3 and 6 provide on-line opportunities that allow for summer employability or down time
- Term 6 field placement aligns with summer or full-time employment
Ontario College Advanced Diploma
|January 2018||Not Available|
|May 2018||Not Available|
|January 2019||Not Available|
|May 2019||Not Available|
Future Study Options
We are proud to provide a range of future study options for NC students. More details on specific opportunities and partnerships can be found at niagaracollege.ca/transfercredit.