Niagara College Campus Contracted Security Guards work in partnership with Niagara College departments and community agencies in order to maintain a safe and secure learning and working environment.
What do Contract Campus Security Guards do?
- Conduct safety/security reviews.
- Liaise with Niagara Regional Police Services and other Law Enforcement Agencies.
- Maintain communications with local police, fire and ambulance services.
- Monitor and operate campus CCTV cameras.
- Operate campus lost and found.
- Provide escorts outside of Campus Watch hours.
- Patrol the campus 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Provide medical assistance and transportation.
- Provide crime prevention programs.
- Respond to and investigate all offenses and emergencies on the Campus.
Campus Security Guards respond by observing and reporting violations related to College policies and regulations, federal and provincial statutes, and municipal/regional by-laws.
Guards lend support in conducting investigations and will contact local police services and/or agencies as required. In addition, Security Guards conduct routine patrols of all buildings and parking areas of the campuses and respond to all calls for service and any intrusion alarms that may be activated.
Campus Security Guards are employees of Paragon Security. All Guards are required to hold a valid Ontario Security Guard License, Emergency First Aid & CPR C Certification and a Government of Canada Security Clearance.
Niagara College Campus Safety and Parking Services are members of:
International Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators (IACLEA)
Ontario Association of College and University Security Administrators (OACUSA)
- Colleges of Ontario Security and Emergency Preparedness (COSEP)