The suite of Your Professional Future modules assists learners in developing a professional profile and brand, assessing their employability skills, and translating these skills into future employment. Learners are also supported in identifying employment options in their fields in addition to opportunities for continuous learning and professional development.
This module includes content and activities that will empower participants to select, organize, and describe relevant academic and work-based artifacts into a professional portfolio. The module will also encourage students to assess their existing personal ‘brand’ and will provide them with strategies for building and refining their brand to better align with their career aspirations.
- Playable File: www.niagaracollege.ca/modules/WIL2018/7.1/
- Facilitator Guide: drive.google.com/open?id=1OoszrnAd2KGUVXE4-ENhjcoRlj0k1Nzi
- SCORM Package: drive.google.com/open?id=1vSPRc_mTRk4MHq8ExmXfiFY-P7NPfA9s
- Storyline Articulate Source File: drive.google.com/open?id=1zdEvsQ-FRxCfiaFqSRlsHa2bPhEbnA-k
This module includes content and activities that will empower participants to effectively communicate and demonstrate how skills amassed through academic, work-integrated, and co-curricular experiences can be applied and translated into a specific industry or professional role.
- Playable File: www.niagaracollege.ca/modules/WIL2018/7.2/
- Facilitator Guide: drive.google.com/open?id=1WoDyenqKXeM7NpAOjHAHBvp5D53Q54Ob
- SCORM Package: drive.google.com/open?id=19cv3WkI-YAmxEMlSEIqPElmw_mtUjbaj
- Storyline Articulate Source File: drive.google.com/open?id=1ubgAn4nNOBCb10La3dgILn7eT8pIZ6-i
This module includes content and activities that will empower participants to effectively explore opportunities within their fields of interest by conducting informational interviews, researching labour market information, connecting with professional organizations, and expanding professional networks.
- Playable File: www.niagaracollege.ca/modules/WIL2018/7.3/
- Facilitator Guide: drive.google.com/open?id=1u_9Tkua7prfFCbp8YIvqN0z3smeFtcNe
- SCORM Package: drive.google.com/open?id=1yV8QOxACCJXQh2N9RCv9U9L2raciHgA8
- Storyline Articulate Source File: drive.google.com/open?id=1yGgyHRKZTeOoIqUCMYowmAgC81SXlxNX
This module includes content and activities that will underscore the value of on-going professional learning in any field and will empower participants to seek and effectively select among such opportunities.
- Playable File: www.niagaracollege.ca/modules/WIL2018/7.4/
- Facilitator Guide: drive.google.com/open?id=1mnw40N7Nn-hNUV5itpZjOGMKhHUHEcIE
- SCORM Package: drive.google.com/open?id=1C-Vz9qEbtqFtx8AFRsceTReJaa_EJgDg
- Storyline Articulate Source File: drive.google.com/open?id=1KtxBxLE05RugX3HqcBfkXFTGtrz0H3zw
All modules created for the Work Integrated Learning Open Module Initiative by Niagara College, Georgian College, Lambton College and Algonquin College are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial 4.0 International License, except where otherwise noted.
All modules created for the WIL Open Module Initiative include the following accessibility features:
- Audio/video content is delivered via a media player that is compatible with assistive technology
- Full transcripts and synchronized closed captioning of all audio content
- Keyboard navigable multimedia
- Downloadable forms and worksheets
- Web browser and mobile device-friendly functionality
- URLs (e.g. website or email addresses) are rendered as active hyperlinks in a manner that allows them to be detected and activated with assistive technology
- Alternative text for all non-decorative images
- All instructions, prompts, and error messages necessary to complete forms are conveyed as text to assistive technology
The modules created for this project include engaging media (video, audio, graphics and animations) and interactive exercises.
- Module content is authored in Articulate Storyline 360. Source files are editable in Storyline 360 and Storyline 3.
- Modules are published to industry recommendations and optimized for standard delivery – video quality 5, audio bitrate 48kbps, image quality 80%.
- Modules are published as SCORM 1.2 packages for LMS and/or web distribution, with HTML5 output and Flash backup.
- When learners access the modules, content will be delivered based on the device and browser they are using.
- Learner activity/progress is tracked via number of slides viewed.
- Learner status can be configured to report to LMS as “Complete/Incomplete" Completion is based on the user viewing all slides in the presentation.