The suite of Professional Expectations and Competencies modules introduces learners to and supports them in demonstrating independence, adaptability, and problem solving in the workplace. Learners also explore the ways in which ethical considerations and concepts of confidentiality and privacy may influence their WIL experiences.
Unit 4 modules will be available soon.
All modules created for the Work Integrated Learning Open Module Initiative by Niagara College, Georgian College, Lambton College and Algonquin College are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial 4.0 International License, except where otherwise noted.
The modules created for this project include engaging media (video, audio, graphics and animations) and interactive exercises.
- Module content is authored in Articulate Storyline 360. Source files are editable in Storyline 360 and Storyline 3.
- Modules are published to industry recommendations and optimized for standard delivery – video quality 5, audio bitrate 48kbps, image quality 80%.
- Modules are published as SCORM 1.2 packages for LMS and/or web distribution, with HTML5 output and Flash backup.
- When learners access the modules, content will be delivered based on the device and browser they are using.
- Learner activity/progress is tracked via number of slides viewed.
- Learner status can be configured to report to LMS as “Complete/Incomplete" Completion is based on the user viewing all slides in the presentation.