The suite of Work Integrated Learning – The Fundamentals modules familiarizes learners with common characteristics and formats of WIL and introduces them to the benefits and challenges frequently associated with WIL experiences. Principles of reflective practice are introduced as a tool to support learning throughout WIL placements.
This module includes content and activities that will introduce participants to the concept of work integrated learning (WIL) and its many benefits in post-secondary education. Participants will consider the breadth of WIL opportunities that they might encounter.
- Playable File: www.niagaracollege.ca/modules/WIL2018/1.1/
- Facilitator Guide: drive.google.com/open?id=1r8ohfnuICIXOeQHXi6xQzritj9CY3A7I
- SCORM Package: drive.google.com/open?id=1jJB6n4lgjyVDph9hy4fx8uJ9GsotO94v
- Storyline Articulate Source File: drive.google.com/open?id=1BdswwHc-QfUHlERQOuiTxWXOFyeFCpjA
This module includes content and activities that will help participants to consider the role of WIL in their academic and professional development. Participants will explore potential benefits and challenges of participating in WIL.
- Playable File: www.niagaracollege.ca/modules/WIL2018/1.2/
- Facilitator Guide: drive.google.com/open?id=1TQp3eygcyXoglv8SbjEQXfdz_8o79oim
- SCORM Package: drive.google.com/open?id=1JmVJiU8kuG3zGaGfmiYFKExdAQU2dhWa
- Storyline Articulate Source File: drive.google.com/open?id=12Dgj8awN1xxKF44HYxSYFdVJmHsxkd_C
This module includes content and activities that will help participants to appreciate the value of reflection as a key component of their WIL experience. Participants will also identify personally relevant and meaningful strategies to integrate reflection into WIL.
- Playable File: www.niagaracollege.ca/modules/WIL2018/1.3/
- Facilitator Guide: drive.google.com/open?id=1mWgnej_f5wCp-lghjh1FgHOHykDJ8Lu3
- SCORM Package: drive.google.com/open?id=1ZXAsT-819HKP1mj8xtiTrYXnQ8prjrfu
- Storyline Articulate Source File: drive.google.com/open?id=1xQWEy9WG5v8b5iIFUfTWwlB37MyWxhSG
All modules created for the Work Integrated Learning Open Module Initiative by Niagara College, Georgian College, Lambton College and Algonquin College are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial 4.0 International License, except where otherwise noted.
All modules created for the WIL Open Module Initiative include the following accessibility features:
- Audio/video content is delivered via a media player that is compatible with assistive technology
- Full transcripts and synchronized closed captioning of all audio content
- Keyboard navigable multimedia
- Downloadable forms and worksheets
- Web browser and mobile device-friendly functionality
- URLs (e.g. website or email addresses) are rendered as active hyperlinks in a manner that allows them to be detected and activated with assistive technology
- Alternative text for all non-decorative images
- All instructions, prompts, and error messages necessary to complete forms are conveyed as text to assistive technology
The modules created for this project include engaging media (video, audio, graphics and animations) and interactive exercises.
- Module content is authored in Articulate Storyline 360. Source files are editable in Storyline 360 and Storyline 3.
- Modules are published to industry recommendations and optimized for standard delivery – video quality 5, audio bitrate 48kbps, image quality 80%.
- Modules are published as SCORM 1.2 packages for LMS and/or web distribution, with HTML5 output and Flash backup.
- When learners access the modules, content will be delivered based on the device and browser they are using.
- Learner activity/progress is tracked via number of slides viewed.
- Learner status can be configured to report to LMS as “Complete/Incomplete" Completion is based on the user viewing all slides in the presentation.