The College Educator Development Program is a collaborative undertaking of the six western region colleges. Its mission is to foster teaching excellence through the shared exploration of evidence-based teaching and engagement in ongoing reflective teaching practice. This assessed, outcomes-based program focuses on the scholarship of teaching and learning (SoTL).
The program creates a learning community that supports the achievement of program learning outcomes, the exchange of best practices and continuous professional growth. Through active learning in a technology enhanced climate, educators develop a solid pedagogical foundation to design curriculum and engage students in a wide range of transformative learning experiences. The module materials are available on our Teaching Resources page.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the College Educator Development Program, you will be able to:
- Contribute to the development of curricula that align intentional learning outcomes, assessment practices, and teaching and learning activities.
- Design a variety of evaluation tools and strategies to assess students’ achievement of learning outcomes.
- Implement active learning strategies that enhance student learning.
- Integrate findings from the scholarship of teaching and learning into teaching practice.
- Incorporate inclusive learning strategies in an environment that supports diverse learners.
- Incorporate technology (enabled learning) into course design to enhance student learning.
- Establish a personal learning network that values the importance of collaboration and collegiality.
- Create a professional development plan that incorporates life-long learning strategies and opportunities that foster and sustain professional teaching practice competencies.
- Recognize professional obligations to adhere to MTCU standards, external accreditation requirements and provincial program approval and review practices.
For full program details and descriptions of the program elements, review the CEPD Overview for Participants.
No CEDP programs are currently available.
There are no program sessions scheduled at this time.
Registration packages for CEDP are sent out approximately five weeks prior to each event.