Niagara College has formed a partnership with Nipissing University to offer an innovative business degree completion program. After graduating from a three-year Business Administration diploma program at Niagara College, you now have the opportunity to earn a 90-credit Bachelor of Commerce (BComm) degree or a 120-credit Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree from Nipissing University at Niagara College’s Niagara-on-the-Lake Campus. The BComm degree can be earned in only 12 months. Another 5 courses (i.e. one more semester full-time) will earn you the BBA.
This innovative program provides Niagara College graduates with several key benefits:
- Classes and tutorials are held at Niagara College’s Niagara-on-the-Lake Campus
- Opportunity to earn a 90-credit BComm (3-year) degree in one year (by completing 15 courses over a 12-month period)
- Opportunity to earn a 120-credit BBA (4 year) degree in 16 months (by completing 20 courses)
- Small class sizes
- Satisfies degree requirement for CPA and CHRP
- Full-time and part-time options available
- Blended online learning model offers a flexible schedule which allows students to work while studying
Nipissing University, with its main campus in North Bay, is a primarily undergraduate university with a reputation for excellence in teacher education, arts, science and professional programs.
Programs that qualify for this degree completion opportunity include:
- Business Administration – Accounting
- Business Administration – Marketing
- Business Administration – Human Resources
- Business Administration – Supply Chain and Operations Management (Co-op)
Graduates of the above mentioned programs need a minimum cumulative average of 72% to be considered for admission into the BComm or BBA degree completion program from Nipissing University.
This BComm/BBA degree completion program uses a variety of delivery formats. Many advanced accounting courses are 3 hour lectures. However, many courses will make use of a unique “blended delivery” approach, which combines online learning with in-class tutorial sessions at the Niagara-on-the-Lake Campus. There will also be some online and synchronous online electives that provide students the flexibility and freedom to choose specific areas of interest they have.
The online material is developed and delivered by leading university faculty and gives students the flexibility to study within a framework that suits their schedule throughout the week. Tutorial sessions are led by course facilitators who may be academics or industry professionals. Course facilitators help students to understand the material in a classroom setting where students can ask questions and discuss concepts with their classmates.
Additional Information for Accounting Graduates
Visit Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario for more information.
How to Apply
- For full-time study, visit the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) website and complete the 105 application.
- For part-time study (i.e. 1-2 courses per semester), please complete the ‘Part Time Studies Application’.
- If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact the Nipissing Enrolment Services office at firstname.lastname@example.org.