About this Program
- Fully accredited program by EQual™ Accreditation Canada
- Niagara College has offered this program for more than 34 years
- Faculty members are active paramedics
- Students receive approximately 580 hours of clinical and field experience
- Graduates have an abundance of employment opportunities
- For the past several years, Ministry of Health’s Provincial examination success rate among program graduates has been 100%
- Taught in accordance to the National Occupational Profiles in other provinces and internationally
- Unique interprofessional education experience
- Graduates can work as primary care paramedics for Ontario ambulance services and are eligible to write their provincial examinations
- Qualifications gained in this program enhance applications to police and fire departments. Future opportunities include further training to become flight paramedics or advanced care paramedics
Extensive theory, lab, clinical, and field experience prepared me to face difficult situations and solve any problems I may encounter. The experienced instructors pushed and motivated me to reach my full potential and obtain a position as a Primary Care Paramedic for Niagara EMS directly out of the program. I look forward to attending the Advanced Care Paramedic program in the near future.
Admissions and Availability
Future Study Options
We are proud to provide a range of future study options for NC students. More details on specific opportunities and partnerships can be found at niagaracollege.ca/transfercredit.