Are Hybrid classes for you?
- Are you a disciplined student, able to work independently to meet weekly online commitments?
- Are you ready to try the easy-to-use Blackboard tools like Discussion Boards, Wikis, and Blogs?
- Are you prepared to work with your classmates online each week, in addition to your in-class meetings?
Note: Hybrid course schedules match regular courses in required weekly class hours. A 3-hour class, for example, might meet for one hour online and two hours face-to-face.
If you answered “yes” to these questions, then Hybrid classes may be perfect for you!
- “I enjoyed the collaborative process. … I found it very helpful to hear other classmates’ ideas.”
- “[Online work] gives you the chance to compose your ideas and to address comments from different people.”
- “I loved doing my work in the middle of the night, instead of always having to go to the campus!”
- “I liked getting input from others, not just within my group.”
- “Complete your Wikis right away, so you don’t forget!”
- “Keep track of due dates.”
- “For success, you must keep track and take ownership of the hybrid work.”