About this Program
- Experienced staff, modern equipment and spacious lab facilities allow optimal learning
- Graduates have diverse career options
- Students receive practical hands-on lab experience
- Demand for graduates is high in Niagara and throughout Ontario
- Wind turbine maintenance and operation
- Wind farm construction
- Wind turbine electrical and mechanical repair
- Blade inspection and repair
- Solar energy farm operations and maintenance
- Solar panel manufacturing and installation
- Solar to LED commissioning
- Geothermal installations, operations and maintenance
- Bio-mass and bio-fuels energy production
- Green energy building retrofits
- Green energy management and distribution
- Engineering, consulting and design firms integrating clean and green energy in their projects
- Clean energy project management
Whether it be wind, solar, or geothermal, the Renewable Energies industry is still so young and in its early stages. Niagara College has done a fantastic job meeting the need for workers in this industry with the Renewable Energies Technician Program. But what makes the program so successful is the caring faculty behind it all. The Renewable Energies Technician program has led me to an exciting career in the Wind Industry, where I use the skills and knowledge learned in the program.
Ontario College Diploma
|January 2016||Not Available|
|May 2016||Not Available|
|January 2017||Not Available|
|May 2017||Not Available|
Future Study Options
Niagara College offers graduate certificate options in several study areas to qualified college and university graduates. These certificates can add to your existing credentials and prepare you for the world of work.
We maintain articulation agreements with other colleges and universities in Canada and around the world.
Some post-secondary credits can be transferred into any Niagara College program.