About this Program
- Niagara College has the largest photonics training labs in Canada
- College boasts dedicated photonic and microelectronic laboratories, as well as a teaching clean-room facility
- Students gain skills in laser, optical, electro-optical, and vacuum technologies
- Graduates are in demand across Ontario and North America
- Final year of program includes an eight-month photonics research project
- Bio and medical technology
- Aerospace industry
- Defence and homeland security
- Advanced visualization for entertainment
- Optical design and manufacture
- Vacuum coating technology
- Imaging technology
You are well-suited to this program if you…
- Enjoy the theory behind math, science and engineering, but want some serious hands-on experience!
- Have strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Interested in learning something new every day in a field that never stops evolving!
- Are a MAKER at heart who wants to work in a field that combines optics, lasers, electronics, mechanics and manufacturing
- Want to work with LASERS!
Learn about photonics and optics:
Admissions and Availability
Future Study Options
We are proud to provide a range of future study options for NC students. More details on specific opportunities and partnerships can be found at niagaracollege.ca/transfercredit.