About this Program
- Experienced staff, modern equipment and spacious, updated lab facilities allow optimal learning..
- Students enrolled in this program are eligible to complete the Amateur Radio Operators & Technician-Level Certification.
- Graduates with relevant experience can apply for certification to the Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (OACETT).
- This program is approved through the Canadian Navy Subsidized College Education Program. Below are the occupations that you may enter:
- Naval Electronics Technician – Communications
- Naval Electronics Technician – Radar
- Naval Electronics Technician – Sonar
- Naval Weapons Technician
- Equipment calibration and testing
- Electric motor control
- Fibre optics
- Process and systems maintenance
- Product development
- Sales and service
- Solar and green energy
- Testing and measurement
- Commercial and industrial electronics firms
- Instrumentation and biomedical electronics firms
- Manufacturing firms
The program I chose gave me the ability to pursue a variety of specialized routes within the first year of the program, which allowed me to either finish two-year Diploma or a three-year Diploma with co-ops to receive real-world experience. Niagara College was an integral part of my education in gaining the knowledge-set that has led to a flourishing career in the industry.
Admissions and Availability
Future Study Options
We are proud to provide a range of future study options for NC students. More details on specific opportunities and partnerships can be found at niagaracollege.ca/transfercredit.
Discover real data on wages, employment and job postings for your career of choice in the Niagara Region and beyond.Go to Career Coach