About this Program
- Experienced staff, modern equipment and spacious, updated lab facilities allow optimal learning
- Graduates enjoy an easy transition to the Electronics Engineering Technology (Co-op) program.
- Students enrolled in this program are eligible to complete the Amateur Radio Operators & Technician-Level Certification.
- Graduates with relevant experience can apply for certification to the Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (OACETT)
- This program is approved through the Canadian Navy Subsidized College Education Program. Below are the occupations that you may enter:
- Naval Electronics Technician – Communications
- Naval Electronics Technician – Radar
- Naval Electronics Technician – Sonar
- Naval Weapons Technician
- Equipment calibration and testing
- Electric motor control
- Fibre optics
- Process and systems maintenance
- Product development
- Sales and service
- Solar and green energy
- Testing and measurement
- Commercial and industrial electronics firms
- Instrumentation and biomedical electronics firms
- Manufacturing firms
The program I chose gave me the ability to pursue a variety of specialized routes within the first year of the program, which allowed me to either finish two-year Diploma or a three-year Diploma with co-ops to receive real-world experience. Niagara College was an integral part of my education in gaining the knowledge-set that has led to a flourishing career in the industry.
Admissions and Availability
Future Study Options
Qualified graduates will be able to apply some academic credits towards further study at NC, including direct entry into year 3 of the Electronics Engineering Technology (Co-op) program at Niagara College. Find out more!
Additional agreements are in place with Institutes of Technology Ireland.
Discover real data on wages, employment and job postings for your career of choice in the Niagara Region and beyond.Go to Career Coach