Co-Curricular Records (CCRs) are administrated by the Centre for Student Engagement and Leadership.
What is it?
A Co-Curricular Record (CCR) is an official Niagara College document which showcases your achievements and involvement on and off campus while you were a student at Niagara College. These can include events, workshops and leadership opportunities.
How do I start?
Head on over to the Centre for Student Engagement and Leadership (Welland: Room L20, NOTL: Room W206, Niagara Falls: InfoCentre) to learn more about the Co-Curricular Record. Our Get Involved CCR Portal lists over 50 on and off campus departments, clubs and organizations that offer volunteer opportunities throughout the year. Learn more about getting involved at NC to get started.
Why should I get one?
A Co-Curricular Record (CCR) is an official Niagara College document that will enhance your resume and career portfolios. All experiences on your CCR are verified by a Niagara College employee. Your CCR will support your credentials when applying for jobs, internships, scholarships, awards, Continuing Education and further development experiences.
What can I record on my CCR?
- On Campus involvement
- Community Engagement and Volunteering
- Global Citizenship
- Leadership Development
- Personal and Professional Development
- Awards and Accolades
After you’ve logged in…
- Find and attend events, workshops and opportunities posted on the Portal.
- Submit your experiences for validation.
- Validation of activities must be provided by a Niagara College employee; one that was designated for the activity in which you participated.
- Inform your validator that they will receive an email from the Centre for Student Engagement and Leadership regarding your participating in the specific activity.
- Validation may take anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks, depending on the time of year and your validator’s approval process.
- One your experience is validated, you can find it on your CCR experience tab.
- Only activities that have been fully completed and validated will appear on your Niagara College Co-Curricular Record.
Questions? Email Kat Gottli at email@example.com.
How do I receive my Co-Curricular Record?
- When you’re ready to have a digital or hard copy of your CCR, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “CCR Print Request”.
- You will then submit a form. The form will ask you where you would like to pick up your CCR, and the format which you’d like to receive it in.
- Official copies of your CCR can be picked up from the Centre for Student Engagement and Leadership.