Want to obtain employment in your field and valuable work experience?
Research & Innovation can help you grow as an industry professional.
Research opportunities are available for current students and recent graduates.
About Research Associates and Assistants
- Research & Innovation collaborates with local businesses and organizations to conduct innovative research projects in various specializations.
- Research Associates and Assistant work is paid professional development experience with excellent networking opportunities that connects you with industry and helps you gain employment.
- Research Assistants, which are current students in a post-secondary program, can work full-time throughout the summer (35 hours/week) and part-time during school (up to 12 hours/week).
- Research Associates, which are recent graduates, work full-time (35 hours/week) for the project’s duration.
Interested? Follow these steps to join us
- Apply – Keep an eye on the Research & Innovation news page, Blackboard and NC Employment Support job listings for research opportunities. When you see a position that interests you, send a resume and cover letter (tailored to the position) to email@example.com.
- Interview – After reviewing the resumes of all applications, Research & Innovations’s administrative staff will determine which candidates will be interviewed. Of those interviewed, the top candidate(s) will be invited to join our team.
- Conduct your project – Work closely with your industry partner, faculty lead, and project manager on the deliverables of your project. Take full advantage of the valuable experience!