Why become a Peer Tutor?
By becoming a tutor, you can make extra money during the semester while reviewing your material at the same time. You will be paid $11.00 – $13.50/hour (depending on your year) per hour, up to 12 hours per week, as a Tutor! Many students have seen their marks go up as a result of being a Peer Tutor. In addition, time spent in your tutoring sessions can be recorded on your Co-Curricular Record.
“I think it is fantastic that Niagara College offers tutoring to those who can really benefit from it. I also learned and reinforced my knowledge through the process of tutoring. It was a win-win!”
Sign up to become a Tutor
- To apply to be a tutor, please visit the Co-Curricular Record website at getinvolved.niagaracollege.ca.
- If you have not signed up for your Co-Curricular Record, please do so. Not sure how? Read our quick and easy Co-Curricular Record Student Starter Guide. If you have already signed up, then please sign in.
- Join the Peer Tutoring Organization.
- Once you become a member you will have the opportunity to fill out an online Tutor’s Application located in Forms.
- Once your application is approved, you will receive further instructions.
You must meet these requirements in order to become a Peer Tutor:
- Hold a minimum of 80% in the course that you would like to tutor, or a professor’s recommendation.
- You must be a current Niagara College student.
- You must have a GPA of 75% or greater.
- You should have a strong desire to help students succeed. Previous experience in tutoring is an asset, but not essential.