The Peer Mentoring Program provides support for all the major transitions that Niagara College students face entering, and graduating college. As part of Peer Mentoring we also offer the Graduate Alumni Peer (GAP) Mentoring program.
Participate in Peer Mentoring
If you are a first year or senior student and would like to participate in the Peer Mentoring program, please visit the Peer Mentoring Organization site on our Get Involved Portal for instructions on how to register for the program. Your first step (if you haven’t already) is to register on the Co-Curricular Record Portal at http://getinvolved.niagaracollege.ca.
Questions? Lost or confused?
Participate in Graduate Mentoring
Graduate Mentoring is a Niagara College Alumnus/graduating student mentoring program created to assist graduating students with life post-Niagara College, through the sharing of experiences, career planning and networking opportunities.
Get a Peer Mentor
Questions about your new role as an NC student?
- First year students are eligible to be matched with a Peer Mentor.
- Once registered, you’ll meet your Peer Mentor on Move-In Day (if you are going to live in Residence), or during Orientation Week if you’re an off-campus student.
- Mentors will make sure your questions are answered, will keep in touch with you throughout your first year, and will invite you to attend on-campus events with them.
- Peer Mentors are students who have been through their first year and know exactly what it feels like, so you never have to worry about asking them a question or talking to them about anything that’s worrying you!
- As a first year student in this program you will gain recognition on your Co-Curricular Record for your participation! This is a great way to meet new friends in and outside your program, and learn about services available on campus.
Become a Peer Mentor
“I wish I knew then what I know now.”
- Senior students (2nd, 3rd and 4th year) will be placed in a leadership role as a Peer Mentor to a first year student.
- You will advise and assist a first year student as they make the exciting and sometimes scary transition to college.
- You’ve been in their shoes; provide them with the knowledge you’ve picked up along the way that has helped YOU succeed at Niagara College!
- As a Mentor in this program you will gain recognition on your Co-Curricular Record for your participation in a mandatory Peer Mentor Orientation Session, and for your time as a Mentor throughout the term.
- Being a Mentor is an excellent opportunity to demonstrate and build upon your leadership abilities and network with other leaders.
Graduate Alumni Peer (GAP) Mentoring
Want to participate?
Contact Peer Mentoring Coordinator Sarah Singletonfor details at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-735-2211 extension 4006.
Get a Graduate Mentor
Graduating soon and looking for direction?
The Peer Mentoring Program will match you with a recent NC Alumni currently working in a field of interest to you. There are limited alumni matches available.
Become a Graduate Mentor
Are you a NC Alumnus that wants to give back?
As a NC Graduate Mentor, you will be given the opportunity to expand your existing professional network through engaging with other Alumni and NC staff as well as enhance and build upon your own leadership and coaching skills.
- Mentors and graduating students will connect in person, by phone or by email. You can agree on the best method of contact between yourselves.
- We recommend meeting at least three times during the program year (November-March).
- Attendance at the formal Mentoring Orientation session is required.
- We will provide an introductory networking opportunity for all Mentors and their matches, occurring after the Mentoring Orientation session.
- Mentors will be asked to participate in a ‘mid-year’ round table session.