First year students, as part of the Student Experience program, kick off their first school year with a week of Orientation events.
Orientation happens in the Fall, Winter and Spring. Visit the Orientation Central for up-to-date information. The site is will have the closest upcoming or recent Orientation event information.
What happens during Orientation Week?
Orientation Week is the ultimate opportunity to provide you with a warm welcome, and to ease you into College life. It’s part of the greater Student Experience program, which will continue to support you throughout your first year at Niagara College.
- You’ll be welcomed to Niagara College on the first day of Orientation by your friendly Orientation Leaders and Niagara College staff. There are no classes on Orientation Day.
- You’ll be asked to attend a Program Information Session. The session will allow you to meet your faculty and fellow peers, as well as learn about your program outline.
- A Student Services Fair is set up to introduce you to the services available to you throughout your Niagara College experience.
- Blackboard (the Niagara College online student portal) workshops will take place to help you log in and get situated.
- During the week there will be numerous events including: concerts, sporting events, community gatherings, and fairs.
Throughout the year we will hold numerous events, like information sessions, workshops, guest speakers and holiday activities in order to ease the process of transitioning into College life.