External FIPPA Resources
- FIPPA – Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
Privacy legislation that applies to public sector employers which regulates the right to access information held by an organization and the right to protection of privacy of individuals with respect to personal information.
- PHIPA – Personal Health Information Protection Act
Privacy legislation that governs the manner in which personal health information may be collected, used, and disclosed within the health care system. It also regulates individuals and organizations that receive personal information from health care professionals.
- PIPEDA – Personal Information Protection and Electronics Document Act
This is the privacy legislation that applies to private sector organizations that conduct commercial activity.
- IPC – Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario
This is an organization that acts independently of the government to promote the protection of personal privacy in Ontario.
- Ministry of Government Services – Access and Privacy Office
This is an office of the Ontario government which is primarily designed to help employers fulfill their responsibilities under FIPPA.
Niagara College FIPPA Resources
These practices are available for download on the Practices website.
- Freedom of Information Practice
This is a Niagara College Practice which outlines how the college can provide a right of access to certain information held by the college to our staff, students, and the public.
- Protection of Privacy Practice
This is a Niagara College Practice which outlines how the college provides individuals with a right of access to their own personal information while establishing standards to ensure that this information is protected.