Services for Part-time Students
Be sure to visit the Student Information Portal for lots of great information about services on campuses. Because students are part-time, access to some services may vary slightly.
The Campus Stores sell in-class textbooks, supplies, computer accessories, trade and reference books, College clothing and giftware. The stores, located at the Welland and Niagara-on-the-Lake campuses, are open year-round to students and the general public. STORE HOURS are EXTENDED at the BEGINNING of EACH TERM. For more information visit the Bookstores page.
Textbooks for Online Courses
Regular Store Hours:
Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Library services are available to all Niagara College students.
- PT students enrolled in a credit course are entitled to full library service simply by presenting their student photo ID. Photo ID cards can be obtained at the InfoCentres located at each campus.
- PT students enrolled in a non-credit course can obtain a library card at their campus Library by bringing in their Confirmation of Enrollment Form. Library resources are available 24/7 through the Library website.
Information about library services and hours can be found on the Library website niagaracollege.ca/library or by contacting the library directly at 905-735-2211 extension 7767 (Welland Campus) or 905-641-2252, extension 4413 (Niagara-on-the-Lake Campus).
Visit Parking Services for detailed information about parking on campus.
Weekend and evening parking
Parking at the Welland, Niagara-on-the-Lake and Niagara Falls campuses is free on weekends and daily after 5 p.m.
Weekday and daytime parking
If you are attending a Part-Time Studies activity or event prior to 5 p.m., Monday-Friday, then parking is by permit only. Daily paid-parking permits are available at all campus locations from kiosks. Be sure to display the permit on your dashboard. Visit Parking Services for details. Vehicles which are not in compliance with the College parking regulations will be subject to ticketing under the Municipal Bylaw.
Students with disabilities are encouraged to contact Accessibility Services. Accessibility Services provides academic supports, accommodations and services for students who have documented disabilities, including learning difficulties, visual impairment, hearing impairment, physical or mobility impairment, chronic health problems or social/emotional problems.
If you are a student with a disability, please Accessibility Services located in the Health, Wellness and Accessibility Services area at the Welland or Niagara-on-the-Lake campuses to make an appointment with a Counsellor to discuss your needs for assistance.
For more information, call:
- Welland Campus (Room AH125)
905-735-2211 extension 7778 or 7635
- NOTL Campus (room W102)
905-641-2252 extension 4408 or 4449
Or visit their website at www.niagaracollege.ca/student-life/counselling-health-accessibility/.
NOTE: Documentation of disability is required. Evening hours are available.
Navigate to Niagara College Blackboard
- If you are a new user, you will need to retrieve your username and password.
- Click the set/change your password link on the login page (top right).
- You must have your student number, found on your Confirmation of Enrollment, and your birth date.
- Once logged in, navigate to the My Apps tab and click on the My Student Records icon.
If after 2 business days from registration (and after the official start date), you are having technical difficulties accessing your course, please contact:
- Embanet’s 24 hour support desk online, or call 1-800-695-5008.
- For Niagara College Blackboard users, use NC Blackboard Support for help. You may also call the Niagara College HelpDesk at 905-735-2211 extension 7642.
Make sure you know which system you are on to contact the correct technical support.