How to Obtain Your Equivalencies
ILCO students can gain accreditation and professional recognition for entry to the legal practice, access knowledge and experience through this specialized network, ensure continual improvement and increase the value of your contributions. Visit www.ilco.on.ca.
- Niagara College, in partnership with the Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario (ILCO) offers 4 preparatory courses to prepare students for the ILCO Provincial Exams. Students wishing to write the ILCO Provincial Exams must register and pay the exam fee through ILCO at www.ilco.on.ca
- The courses are intended for those with a minimum of Grade 12 and experience in the legal field.
- ILCO courses are only offered in the Fall and Winter terms.
- Students must successfully complete ILCO examinations in all four courses with a grade of 60% or higher in order to become a graduate of the Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario (ILCO) Associate level program. Please visit www.ilco.on.ca for all program, exam and membership information.
- Students may request to write at Niagara College when booking their exam date through ILCO. Please indicate on the exam registration form that Niagara College is your exam location choice.
How to Register
Students do not apply to our part-time equivalency programs. Instead, enrol in and successfully complete each course listed in the Program Delivery section. Once you have successfully completed all of the required courses, you may follow the directions of the professional association to obtain your equivalencies.