Dear OntarioLearn Student
Thank you for registering for an OntarioLearn course with Niagara College. Please read the following information.
OntarioLearn courses involve a combination of online courses delivered by the use of a Learning Management System (LMS) through print-based texts and workbooks. Learning is facilitated by an instructor who keeps in touch with you and your fellow students through OntarioLearn or email. The OntarioLearn system serves as a virtual classroom that you can attend anytime it suits you. It is recommended that you attend at least once a week. Here, you are able to interact with your fellow students and your instructors through LMS-based discussions, and are able to receive and submit assignments.
New to OntarioLearn
Courses are accessed via www.ontariolearn.com. Click the “Log in” button on the right of the page, and then review the username and password links on the left side of the page to determine your login information.
For course codes COMP1421, COMP1501, ADED1031, EVMT1222, EVMT1224 and EVMT1226, please go to http://blackboard.niagaracollege.ca and log in to access your course. You will need your student ID number.
Submissions and Access
You will have access to your course as per the dates stated at registration. Remember you lose all access to the course, course material, grades, and teacher as of the last day of your course.
- Make sure to backup and save all work.
- Check your grades after each assignment/test.
- Make sure you submit your work – don’t just save.
- If you have not received a grade, ask your instructor before the course has ended; it is the student’s responsibility to make sure their work has been received by the instructor by the deadlines given.
- Please be advised that access to your course will no longer be available after your last class. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure they have the necessary course material for their exam preparation be fore their last class. Students should be copying course material they feel necessary for exam study purposes on their personal desktop. This proactive approach will ensure you have the necessary course material to study for your exam should it be scheduled past your last class.
Note: Electronic textbooks cannot be used during exams.
Visit www.textnet.ca and search for your textbook by the title of your course. The host college may have a slight variation to the title of course. For example, Canadian Income Tax = Taxation I, or Financial Accounting 1 = Accounting Basics I.
The Welland Campus Bookstore.
Order Home Inspection Textbooks:
Please order your Home Inspection Training course material online from the Carson Dunlop store. The cost for each course text will be $250 plus tax and shipping.
- Visit the online store at www.carsondunlop.com/bookstore.
- Select “Niagara College”. (Your coupon code will only work in the Niagara College section.)
- Add the books that you need to your cart.
- Click “View Cart” to go to checkout.
- Enter coupon code – ONNia979.
- Enter your billing and shipping information to complete the order.
If you live within 100 kms of the college, you must write your proctored tests/exams at the Niagara College Welland campus.
All proctored final exam booking information will be available on the OntarioLearn Exams page.
Note: Online final exam registration begins three weeks prior to the course end date.
For OntarioLearn courses, please contact the Embanet Helpdesk at 1-800-695-5008 or visit http://www.ontariolearn.com/help/.
Printing Your Grade Report
You will need to log into Niagara College’s Blackboard system to view and print your grades. Instructors have three weeks from the end date of your course to submit their grades.
- When visiting any page on the www.niagaracollege.ca website, hover over or tap “Quick Links” in the top bar, and then click or tap “Login to Blackboard”.
- Type in your username and password in the fields provided and then click the “Login” button.New user? You will need to retrieve your Niagara College username and password (it’s different than your OntarioLearn login). Click the “Set / Change Your Password” link to set your password. You must provide your student number (found on your Confirmation of Enrollment) and your birth date.
- Click on the “My Apps” tab, and then click on the “My Student Records” icon.
(Note: If you are looking for your T2202A tax receipt you can find it under the on the “My Financials” tab.)
For technical difficulties with logging in or setting your password, call the Niagara College ITS Helpdesk at 905-735-2211 ext. 7642.
If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact Niagara College Online Learning by calling 905-735-2211 ext. 7606 or 7525, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.