About this Program
- Students study in a state-of-the-art simulation lab at the Niagara College Applied Health Institute and enjoy a unique inter-professional learning experience with students from other School of Allied Health programs.
- Students receive more than 1,000 hours of nursing practice in a variety of agencies.
- Program culminates in a eight-week practicum experience.
- The employment rate for RPNs (Registered Practical Nurses) is high in the Niagara Region and beyond.
- Our partnership with six northern colleges enhances program accessibility and transferability of credits.
- Clinics/medical centres
- Community agencies
- Long-term care agencies
- Mental health services
- Correctional facilities
- Travelling health agencies
- Some graduates go on to study nursing at the University level
Approved by the College of Nurses of Ontario
The Practical Nursing program at Niagara College is currently approved (Category 1) by the Colleges of Nurses of Ontario. Current graduates from this program are eligible to apply for registration as a Registered Practical Nurse in Ontario. Download the Program Approval Review Summary for details.
Alternative Delivery Option
This program may alternatively be completed in six consecutive terms through Practical Nursing – Alternative Delivery.
Ontario College Diploma
Future Study Options
We are proud to provide a range of future study options for NC students. More details on specific opportunities and partnerships can be found at niagaracollege.ca/transfercredit.