About this Program
- Students’ skill development is grounded in thorough understanding of theory
- Students gain confidence and competence during 42 hours of practice in controlled state-of-the-art lab facilities
- Potential for employment optimized with real-life experience acquired during 266 hours of clinical placement in both long-term-care and community settings
- Students graduate with two additional certifications that enhance students’ marketability and ability to provide quality care: (1) Gentle Persuasive Approach and (2) TrainCan Food Safety.
- Interprofessional education with students from other health disciplines strengthens students’ collaboration skills
- Unique program bridge to the Niagara College Practical Nursing Diploma program
- Group homes
- Senior's residences
- Adult day programs
- Home-care agencies
- Acute-care hospitals
- Long-term care facilities
- Hospices/palliative care services
I’m grateful for the confidence and knowledge given to me. (The faculty and staff) have been a significant contribution to my future.
Admissions and Availability
Future Study Options
We are proud to provide a range of future study options for NC students. More details on specific opportunities and partnerships can be found at niagaracollege.ca/transfercredit.
Personal Support Worker graduates are offered a unique program bridge to the Niagara College Practical Nursing Diploma program.