About the program
This practical and innovative English course will help you understand business workplaces in Ontario, clearly and effectively interact with customers, suppliers, financial officers and government officials, and develop strong interviewing, networking and career-building communication skills.
This is a part-time program that runs 12 hours per week. Six hours will be in-class and 6 hours will be on-line. Students must complete 180 hours to receive the part-time certificate.
OSLT courses will help you:
- Understand workplace culture in your occupation/sector
- Interact effectively with colleagues, clients and supervisors
- Give and receive information by email and telephone
- Interview and network effectively
For more information about Occupation Specific Language Training programs, visit http://co-oslt.org.
- Be a a permanent resident of Canada or a convention refugee/protected person to take advantage of this program.
- Have previously studied English to at an intermediate level (Canadian Benchmarks 6 to 8).
- Have proof of your Secondary School studies or above from Canada or from your country of origin.
- Attend an interview as part of the selection process.
You must have experience or training in one of the following occupations:
- Running your own business
- Sales and marketing