Learn to speak effective English for your career in business, health or technology
Niagara College offers Occupation-Specific Language Training (OSLT) courses to qualified new Canadian immigrants who already have experience or training in business, health sciences, human services or technology. These are free part-time courses with on-line and in-class instruction.
These courses will help you:
- Understand workplace culture in your occupation/sector
- Interact effectively with colleagues, clients and supervisors
- Give and receive information by email and telephone
- Interview and network effectively
For more information about Occupation Specific Language Training programs, visit http://co-oslt.org.
- You must be a a permanent resident of Canada or a convention refugee/protected person to take advantage of this program.
- This program requires previous study in English to at an intermediate level (Canadian Benchmarks 6 to 8).
- Proof of your Secondary School studies or above from Canada or from your country of origin.
- Qualified candidates will be asked to attend an interview as part of the selection process.