All programs (with the exception of General Arts & Science – Exploration Pathway and certain levels of General Business) have a set of predefined courses that must be taken in a specific term. These courses are grouped together in course groups, or “timetable blocks”. Most programs will have a choice of timetable blocks. If your program has only one timetable block, you are still required to enroll in that block.
Follow the instructions below to select your timetable block.
- Log in to MyNC
Then, click the “My Student Records” link, then “My Timetable and Grades”, and then “Select/Manage Timetable”.
- Click on the “Select Your Timetable Block” link.
- If your program has 6 or less timetable blocks, you may want to click on the “Timetable Overlay View” link. This will display your various schedule options using colour groupings. This feature may not be useable for programs with more than six timetable blocks.
- Once you find the timetable block that you want, click the “Enroll in this Timetable Block” link next to your choice.
- You will be asked to confirm your choice. Click “Yes” to confirm, and “No” to go back. Warning: Do not close your browser window yet.
- Once you have clicked “Yes” for a timetable block, you will receive the following confirmation page. Print out this page as confirmation of your enrollment. If you do not receive this page, you are not enrolled! Important: Take note of your status. It should be full-time, unless you have not met all the prerequisites for your plan and level. In the example below, the student has not met most of their prerequisites and now has a part-time status. This student would have to wait for the start of part-time registration (see the Dates Calendar for important dates) to retake any unsuccessful courses from a previous level. Enrollment such as this can usually be done online by clicking on Add Courses.
- You may be now prompted to “Choose Your Elective Now!” (See: How to Choose your Elective for instructions.) Not all programs have this requirement.
- Did you receive a warning about prerequisites?
- You may view these courses under “Customize Your Timetable” when this link is open for your program.
- You may also print an Academic Advisement report from MyNC.
- An Academic Advisement report will show you all the required courses for your program, will indicate courses that you are currently enrolled in, courses where you have received a grade, courses not yet complete as well as your graduation status.
- This report is a guide only and does not constitute an official transcript.
- Some programs with a common first year (Broadcasting, Business Admin., Accounting, Electrical/Electronics, Protection/Security/Investigations) will not have an Academic Advisement report available until specialties have been declared in the second year of the program .
- Did you receive the warning “Note: Course previously taken”?
- You may access your Grade Report from MyNC.
- Your Grade Report will show you your final grades for all of the courses that you have completed at Niagara College.
You may change your Timetable Block up to the 5th day of classes, assuming spots are still available. If your program requires an elective, you will have to reselect your elective each time you change your Timetable Block. Please refer to “How to Choose Your Elective” for more information.