After 10 business days, up to and including the date which is 2/3 the duration of the class, students can drop with a ‘W’ (withdraw) grade. Courses with a ‘W’ grade are not included in your Grade Point Average.
- Important: Read the Drop Rules and Guidelines before dropping a course.
- Log in to MyNC. Navigate to My Timetable and Grades > Select/Manage Timetable (NICOLE). Read and Accept the Important Notice from the Registrar’s Office.
- Click Drop Courses.
Click on the Drop this Course link next to the course that you wish to drop.
- Depending on the course, there are several different warning messages that you may receive. Please read these warning messages carefully and proceed with caution by clicking Yes or No.
If you drop more than one course you could be changing your status from full-time to part-time; this could affect your eligibility for OSAP, bursaries and scholarships. You will see a warning message if you try to drop enough courses to change to a part-time status.
- Upon successfully completing the Course Drop, you will receive a message indicating that your enrollments have been updated.
- You will be asked to confirm your Course Drop. Pay special attention to the warnings regarding prerequisites for future courses. If you are unsure, please contact your Program Coordinator or Academic Advisor before dropping a course.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you are enrolled in all of your required courses each term.