About this Program
- Students complete up to 240 hours of field placement, granting real-world industry experience.
- Facilities include a sound mixing theatre, automated radio on-air production and a high definition (HD) mobile TV production truck.
- Students use Red One and Red Scarlet 4K Digital Cinema cameras.
- Live multi camera event and sports coverage is produced in our state of the art HD production truck.
- Students shoot documentaries, dramas and music videos locally and internationally.
- Students broadcast and webcast a live weekly TV magazine show.
- Student radio station “The Heat” broadcasts online at broadcasting.niagaracollege.ca.
- "On Air" Announcer
- Camera Operator
- News and Sports Anchor
- Producer, Director, Writer, Editor
- Sound Recordist
- Technical Director
Graduates of this program are my first choice in the country when hiring for CTV. Niagara students are also the only students allowed to get hands-on experience at CTV thanks to a special agreement with the union local.
Admissions and Availability
Ontario College Advanced Diploma
|January 2016||Not Available|
|May 2016||Not Available|
|September 2016||Waitlisted (What's this?)|
|January 2017||Waitlisted (What's this?)|
|May 2017||Not Available|
Future Study Options
We are proud to provide a range of future study options for NC students. More details on specific opportunities and partnerships can be found at niagaracollege.ca/transfercredit.