About this Program
- Students complete up to 240 hours of field placement, granting real-world industry experience.
- Facilities include a sound mixing theatre, automated radio on-air production and a high definition (HD) mobile TV production truck.
- Students use Red One and Red Scarlet 4K Digital Cinema cameras.
- Live multi camera event and sports coverage is produced in our state of the art HD production truck.
- Students shoot documentaries, dramas and music videos locally and internationally.
- Students broadcast and webcast a live weekly TV magazine show.
- Student radio station “The Heat” broadcasts online at broadcasting.niagaracollege.ca.
- "On Air" Announcer
- Camera Operator
- News and Sports Anchor
- Producer, Director, Writer, Editor
- Sound Recordist
- Technical Director
Graduates of this program are my first choice in the country when hiring for CTV. Niagara students are also the only students allowed to get hands-on experience at CTV thanks to a special agreement with the union local.
Admissions and Availability
Future Study Options
Niagara College offers graduate certificate options in several study areas to qualified college and university graduates. These certificates can add to your existing credentials and prepare you for the world of work.
We maintain articulation agreements with other colleges and universities in Canada and around the world.
Some post-secondary credits can be transferred into any Niagara College program.