About this Program
- Through our Up Close and Personal series you will interact and network with some of today’s industry directors, actors and producers- professionals like previous guests Tatiana Maslany, Colin Mochrie, Ennis Esmer and Claire Rankin.
- Our program is one of the few Canadian post-secondary institutions that offer direct instruction in The Meisner Technique, one of the most popular techniques of modern acting that stems from Stanislavski.
- Our instructors are working industry professionals in the Toronto region and across Canada and our classes boast lots of personal attention while our curriculum, studio and equipment provides real world experiences.
- Our program is recognized by ACTRA (Alliance of Canadian Cinema, Television and Radio Artists) and our graduates are immediately entitled to join as an Apprentice in ACTRA.
Possible Career Opportunities
- Film and television
- Online, YouTube and web series production
- Commercials for radio, television and the Internet
- Industrial and corporate productions
- Voice-overs, narrations, cartoon animation
- Producing and entrepreneurial project development
Taking matters into my own hands changed everything. Led to everything. “Horrible Bosses,” “Pacific Rim,” “Saturday Night Live.” Creating the job as opposed to having it offered to me accelerated the process. Don’t wait for your break. Make your break. Make it happen for yourself.
Admissions and Availability
You are well-suited to this program if you…
- Are open to personal change and challenge
- Have strong personal discipline
- Are collaborative
- Are interested in becoming an actor/entrepreneur