About this Program
- Reality-based curriculum emphasizes applied learning and frontline policing/investigative skills.
- Faculty includes former police officers with extensive investigative experience.
- Recruitment and volunteer opportunities with local service agencies are available.
- Protection, Security and Investigation (Customs Border Services and Private Security) or Police Foundations training are mandatory requirements for hiring into Canadian Forces Military Police.
- Opportunity to obtain a diploma in Police Foundations in just eight additional months (based on available space and admission requirements).
- Access to the Justice Studies Simulator Centre.
- Students who successfully complete the first year of the program and the First Aid course are eligible to write the Ontario Security Guard licensing exam.
- Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)
- Casino security
- Corporate law enforcement
- Municipal bylaw enforcement
- Private investigation
- Private security
- Security consulting
Admissions and Availability
Future Study Options
We are proud to provide a range of future study options for NC students. More details on specific opportunities and partnerships can be found at niagaracollege.ca/transfercredit.