About this Program
- Through 400 hours of work experience students gain industry skills and knowledge and have the opportunity to showcase these skills to employers.
- Work experience placements are available throughout the Niagara Region, Hamilton, Toronto and beyond.
- Program Advisory Committee composed of a wide range of dedicated Justice Service industry leaders.
Fast Track Option
This program may alternatively be completed in 4 consecutive terms with no term off through Community & Justice Services (Correctional Worker) – Fast Track.
- Youth worker/counsellor
- Correctional officer
- Program facilitators
- Life skills counsellor
- Bail officer
- Attendance counsellor
- Federal parole officer
- Probation and parole supervisor
- Treatment counsellor
- Case manager
- Outreach worker
- Victim services worker
- Community service order coordinator
- Crisis centre counsellor
- Community residential counsellor
The quality of this program can be measured by the consistently high number of graduating students who successfully obtain employment in the corrections field.
Admissions and Availability
Future Study Options
We are proud to provide a range of future study options for NC students. More details on specific opportunities and partnerships can be found at niagaracollege.ca/transfercredit.